The Richard Eaton Broadcast Studio at the School of Media and Public Affairs (SMPA) is available for rental, offering a wide range of production services. Its location at 21st and H streets NW in Washington, D.C. — just a few blocks from the White House, State Department and bustle of K Street and Georgetown — is the area's most convenient place to schedule video productions.
We offer highly competitive rates and flexibility to quickly respond to your needs for professional studio space (black box rental) to record your interviews, training sessions, panel discussions, web videos and other productions. Your production team is always welcome at SMPA!
The studio is supported by an experienced engineering staff that will ensure your production runs smoothly. An easily accessible loading dock and comfortable green room also add to the ease of using SMPA’s facilities.
When you book the studio you have the following available to meet your needs:
- A spacious 30' x 35’ usable studio floor with a grid height of 14'
- Full-surround black, white or blue cycs and a hard cyc green screen for Chroma key offering a variety of backdrops
- Four Sony pedestal-mounted HD cameras with teleprompters
- A fully programmable lighting grid offering flexibility for your production needs
- Three distinct interview configurations as well as furnishings and accessories to dress the sets for news or interview formats
- A professional video control room with separate audio control and sound isolation recording booth, as well as a top-of-the-line graphics generator and teleprompter.
- We offer some limited basic editing and post-production services for studio clients.
30' x 35' usable studio space (1050 sq ft)
Sony 2K HD HXC-FB75 cameras
ETC Ion lightboard
Full overhead lighting grid with both LED and tungsten-halogen lighting. Tungsten floor stand lights.
Ross Graphite system with Carbonite production switcher and XPression graphics generator
Yamaha QL1 32-channel digital audio mixer