The Richard Eaton Broadcast Studio in the School of Media and Public Affairs (SMPA) at The George Washington University is located at 805 21st Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20052.
This professional and versatile 35’ X 30’ (1050 sq ft) and grid height of 14’ - sound-treated production studio accommodating a state-of-the-art touch screen, studio set, a green screen & Cyclorama (Chroma-Key), four 2K HD cameras with teleprompters, a computer-driven LED lighting control system, and other advanced media applications for live/streaming/and-or Podcasting productions.
The control room contains a professional state-of-art Ross Graphite system with a Carbonite production switcher, XPression graphics generator, and a CueScript teleprompter. In addition, the control room encompasses a professional audio booth with a Neumann TLM-103 -broadcast quality condenser microphone for podcasts, voiceovers, and audiobooks, using Adobe software. The audio room contains a Yahama QL5 32-channel digital audio mixer.
The studio and control room are used collaboration for learning, which includes academic studio production courses, media training, lectures, LIVE events, The broadcast studio is available for rental, offering a wide range of production services (content hyperlink to services). SMPA is located one block from Pennsylvania Avenue near the White House, State Department, and the energetic activity of Foggy Bottom and Georgetown.
When you book the studio you have the following available to meet your needs:
- A spacious 30' x 35’ usable studio floor with a grid height of 14'
- Full-surround black, white or blue cycs and a hard cyc green screen for Chroma key offering a variety of backdrops
- Four Sony pedestal-mounted HD cameras with teleprompters
- A fully programmable lighting grid offering flexibility for your production needs
- Three distinct interview configurations as well as furnishings and accessories to dress the sets for news or interview formats
- A professional video control room with separate audio control and sound isolation recording booth, as well as a top-of-the-line graphics generator and teleprompter.
- We offer some limited basic editing and post-production services for studio clients.
30' x 35' usable studio space (1050 sq ft)
Sony 2K HD HXC-FB75 cameras
ETC Ion lightboard
Full overhead lighting grid with both LED and tungsten-halogen lighting. Tungsten floor stand lights.
Ross Graphite system with Carbonite production switcher and XPression graphics generator
Yamaha QL1 32-channel digital audio mixer