Jason Shevrin: [email protected], 202-994-5631
Emily Grebenstein: [email protected], 202-994-3087
Leaders from the Broadcasting Board of Governors and its network Voice of America join other news directors and journalists to discuss World Press Freedom Day at the George Washington University. The event, hosted with GW’s School of Media and Public Affairs, will feature conversations about the importance of the role of U.S. and international journalists, defending press freedom and protecting journalists.
- John Lansing, CEO and director, Broadcasting Board of Governors
- Michael Oreskes, senior vice president of news and editorial director, National Public Radio
- David Smith, Washington correspondent, The Guardian
- Setareh Derakhshesh, director, Voice of America Persian
- Mike Eckel, senior Washington correspondent, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Min Lee Mitchell, managing director for Northeast Asia, Radio Free Asia
- Scott Stearns, managing editor of the Africa Division, Voice of America
- Frank Sesno, director, GW School of Media and Public Affairs (moderator)
Monday, May 1, 2017; 9-11 a.m.
The George Washington University
City View Room (7th floor)
1957 Eye St., NW
Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro (Blue, Orange and Silver lines)
Media interested in attending must contact Jason Shevrin at [email protected] or 202-994-5631.