Faith Counts, a nonprofit multi-faith program with the 1st Amendment Partnership, is on a mission to promote the value of faith. They are in search of talented college students in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area who are looking for an enriching full-time fall internship. At Faith Counts, the intern will work specifically with the Faith Counts team and its partners to develop, integrate, and apply multimedia skills and experience per your interests and professional development goals. The purpose of the internship experience is to provide opportunities where undergraduate and graduate students can develop and grow. The intern will work on their website, FaithCounts.com, write articles that help explain religion to millennials, and design beautiful graphics that tell the story of religion in America.
- Writing and editing concise and witty interfaith articles, blog posts and social media chatter
- Producing and publishing multi-platform video and written explainers, animations, memes, stickers and GIFs
- Reviewing digital analytics reports, research, statistics and databases
- Tracking trends and real-time, multi-faith conversations
- Critical thinking and analytical skills will be encouraged and sharpened
- Interns will participate in regular meetings, where they’ll learn about how production and developments take shape
- Recent graduate within 18-months or degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Preferred majors: Journalism, communications, design, multimedia or any related field
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
- Strong knowledge and application of social media
- Strong Final Cut/Premiere and overall Adobe Creative Suite skills, especially Photoshop or Illustrator
- Other production/design skills, including running your own website, are a plus
How to Apply
If interested, please email Faith Counts Web Content Editor Desair Shaw at [email protected] with your resume.