Based in Washington, D.C., Hill.TV is a subsidiary of political news service, The Hill. Hill.TV produces content that resonates on a variety of platforms with an emphasis on online digital news production.
This position gives the intern the opportunity to engage on a deeper level with the production of at least two news programs: “Rising” and “What America’s Thinking.” Each day, the intern works closely with the editorial staff to research segment topics. The intern works on all levels of production from on-location, to the control room, to the studio. The intern offers support to the executive staff, producers (booking and editorial), associate producers, anchors and crew.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, teleprompter operation, topic research, welcoming and mic-ing guests, sourcing material, production assistance on off-site shoots and additional duties as assigned. Interns need an up-to-date knowledge of the news and pop culture and have extraordinary attention to detail. The intern can function in a fast-paced environment driven by speed and accuracy.
- Researching segment topics
- Assisting with writing for shows
- Greeting guests
- Assisting multimedia producer with audio preparations
- Studio, control room, field production assistance
- Printing and distributing scripts and rundowns
- Teleprompter operation
- Ordering transportation to and from shoots
- Assisting producers at live locations across Washington, D.C. including Capitol Hill and the White House
- Researching notes, transcription, and copywriting
- Seeking out video sources for news and lighter fare
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Able to work both independently and as a team player
- Highly motivated and responsible
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced news environment
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an accredited institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to interact well with various personalities and positions
- Early mornings required, hours may vary
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tiffany Hudson at [email protected].