Celebrating their 10th anniversary, New Heights Communications partners with organizations doing cutting-edge work to win campaigns, influence public policy and change hearts and minds. Clients run the gamut from progressive advocacy organizations and national non-profits to political organizations and public interest law firms. They change the debate by helping clients find their message, frame it for the media and target audiences, and get right into the conversation—they turn ideas into headlines.
Want to work on issues like confronting police brutality, safeguarding our elections from foreign hacking and ensuring we have an accurate Census in 2020? Are you a great writer, crazy-organized, and creative? Want to work with the media?
They are committed to preparing interns for successful careers in advocacy, public relations, marketing and public affairs. Interns can expect to:
· Create press lists, pitch media and develop media coverage reports for our clients;
· Craft social media and digital assets for clients;
· Develop creative ideas to get our clients and ourselves in the news;
· Be part of a close-knit, energetic team where everyone has a hand in everything.
They expect a lot, but they give a lot, too. New Heights Communications provide lots of feedback and expect you to do the same. Interns leave us with a concrete set of skills and a full portfolio of writing projects—and press clips!
Ideal candidates are:
· Undergraduate or recent grad, and have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in communications, political science or related field;
· Passionate about fighting to protect the erosion of rights in the Trump era – and good at explaining why;
· Excellent writers who can quickly grasp new content and adapt easily to changing tone, voice, format and end-goals in writing;
· Highly motivated, mature, responsible, and able to handle multiple projects in a short time frame;
· Able to devote at least 2-3 days per week for a period of 10 weeks;
And if this somehow doesn’t describe you, but you badly want to work with them anyway, give it a go and tell them why you’re the perfect candidate.
Send a resume, cover letter and two top-notch writing samples that showcase your voice-- ideally a blogpost or article-- to [email protected]