The Scheherazade Project is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally vibrant team and strongly encourages applications from people of diverse backgrounds. The Scheherazade Project brings storytelling across all artforms to people from a variety of communities. It seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of those communities. Candidates with a commitment to supporting diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Scheherazade Project is looking for Video Editors and a Social Media & Digital Marketing interns to join the team.
You will be responsible for promoting our nonprofit's mission and current #101nights campaign. You will gain hands-on experience with startup nonprofit management and daily operations, including special fundraising campaigns.
Desired Class Level(s)
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Search Engine Optomization; Oral & Written Communication ;Skills Social Media Marketing
The Scheherazade Project, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a women’s activism through storytelling arts movement that uses the power of art, female creativity, solidarity, and courage in promoting social justice, nourishing our spirits, and enabling a more beloved community.
- Video Editing Skills: Ideally Adobe Premiere Pro, or any other professional editing software such as Final Cut, or iMovie loaded on your computer. You will be editing raw video into episodes for streaming.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Hardworking, driven, energetic, results-oriented and independent
- Ability to create social media editorial calendars and utilize schedulers
- Knowledge or willingness to learn live-streaming platform(s)
- Relevant role(s): Editing experience required. Ability to download and upload video files.
- Fully Remote.
- College Credit
This position is ideal for an individual who is...
- Detail-oriented: would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented: enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent: enjoys working with little direction
The Scheherazade Project fosters literary, visual, and performing artists’ work and provides platforms for them to share it in the belief that art can save both artist and audience. Our mission is to use the power of art, female creativity, solidarity, and courage in promoting social justice, nourishing our spirits, and enabling a more beloved community.
They are a startup nonprofit that values passion, collaboration and fast, constant innovation. Work autonomously in a friendly, relaxed, and rewarding atmosphere.
How to Apply: Send a resume (or an overview of educational background and relevant work experience, or thoughtful cover letter highlighting work skills and interest in the project.
Use Subject Line: TSP Intern [Last Name].
Ms. Lisa Leibow
The Scheherazade Project
Co-Founder and President
Phone: (703) 731-3773
1111 24th St NW Unit 46
Washington, District of Columbia 20037